Etihad Airways is the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. Etihad started commercial operations in November 2003 with Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, as its hub.
Etihad grew at a rapid pace, adding almost one new route a month, achieving 30 destinations in 30 months by June 2006.
Etihad now flies to destinations across the Middle East, Asia, Africa, Australia, Europe and North America, offering Guests new levels of comfort and hospitality in its three unique cabins: Diamond First Class, Pearl Business Class and Coral Economy Class.
Etihad Airways achievements include:
- The World's Leading New Airline of the Year Award (2004, 2005 and 2006, World Travel Awards).
- The World's Leading Flatbed Seat Award (13th World Travel Awards, 2006).
- Middle East's Leading First Class Airline – (World Travel Awards, 2007).
- Best business class airline - Irish Travel Trade News Awards.
- "Airline with the best cabin staff" Business Traveller Middle East awards.
- "Airline with the best economy class" Business Traveller Middle East awards.