We live on earth, which is a tiny planet that revolves around the sun. The sun is just another tiny star among billions and billions of stars in the Milky Way galaxy. The Milky Way is a tiny galaxy among millions of galaxies in a galaxy cluster, which is another tiny cluster among millions of other galaxy cluster. In short, the universe is huge and eternally expanding. You must be wondering how this is even related to the title of this article. Well, in this huge universe we are just very minute individuals on a very tiny planet. The most we could do to make our life worthwhile is to explore the tiny planet we live in, at least by taking short (or long) vacations from the monotonous lives. People leaving their homes to explore and visiting other places are essentially of two types- Tourists and Travellers.
Tourists are more luxury oriented and are keen on spending quality time outside their homes for a nice, little vacation. Travellers, on the other hand, are wanderers. Exploring the world is passion to them, and probably one important part of their lives. The tourists can have amazing ground transportation services from companies like Chicago limo service.
Travellers are keener on mixing up with the local people in order to understand their culture and customs, they want to meet new wonderful people, want to live the life of people all around the world. Travellers and tourists both have different travelling personas. Some travellers are intellectual travellers who travel in order to add knowledge to the mental encyclopaedia inside their heads. Some are romantic travellers who want to spend their time watching beautiful sunsets, waterfalls, mountains, rivers, etc. Some are adventurous travellers who like living their life on the edge and like exploring the wild side of the Earth’s natural beauty.
Simple rules of being a good traveller
Travelling helps you come to terms with yourself. It lets you understand what exactly you want to do with your life. However there are some handy tips which might help you in transforming from a traveller to a good traveller-
– The first thing you have to do is to stop acting that you know. Ask the locals, the taxi drivers, your guides about where you should go and where you should be. The same thing goes for food. Once you are in a food joint, you should ask the people who work there about what you should have.
– Ask other travellers or friends about where you should go and see at the destination you are in. Follow some suggestions of the local people.
– It is absolutely essential that you take care of the individuals who have helped you. Tip underappreciated people of hotels (maids for an instance).
– Going out and exploring the world is also about meeting new people. So you can be reserved and quiet at your home, but do take chances in conversation with strangers; you never know when you might meet an inspiring personality.
– If you are a guest at somebody’s place, it is essential that you leave the house in a better shape than what it was before.
The whole point of going to places is to gain experience.