Passionate Rome, exotic Bahamas or snowy Alps – everything would be amazing…if you didn’t get to take your girl with you. She will suddenly ask you to find any griffin to fight it in the Coliseum, bring a necklace made of shark teeth, or melt pure ice into a popsicle. Long story short, women are the worst companions. You almost wished your fellows could take you to a beer party in a local bar every time she throws a tantrum and stays in the hotel room. So how to travel with your girl and make the journey utterly romantic? If you are still single, you might need these tips later on, when you find the love of your life and decide to embark on an adventure with her.
1. Talk about expenses. It’s not very romantic, but money often becomes a source of problems for many relationships. During a travel with a girl, the financial question will pop up all the time – you get to visit a new country, having no idea what to expect from a journey. Therefore, it is necessary to collect and spend wisely. She can be really sad if you run out of rupees for the next quesadilla, so make sure you are aware of the destination. Thank God there are thousands of amazing sites and services that count your approximate expenses.
2. Plan beforehand. You don’t want to wander around, having no idea where to go without basic knowledge of your destination. First things first, learn a golden rule of every traveler, it is best to know essential phrases, like “where is the nearest hotel?”, most importantly “where can I buy expensive jewelry for my girlfriend?”. Remember, if you want to emerge into a new culture, you’ll have to spend at least a week, doing a quality research to travel with a girlfriend effectively.
3. Avoid mainstream tourist destinations. The world is so big and fascinating, yet still most of us dare to visit two Egyptian pyramids and eat all-inclusive food in your suite until the end of the journey. And you call that a good travel?! Come on, you are not a flock of sheep. Don’t listen to people who recommend to go in this restaurant because it serves your best comfort food. Instead, try UNcomfort food – spicy, sour, flaming hot and moving! Run away from the street you were brought by a tour guide and see the real city with all its imperfections, old bricks and poor people, unevenly cut bushes and cheap street food. Nothing brings couples together like the fear of new things.
4. Check all the customs and bans. If you want to travel with a girl safely, better learn about the smallest aspects that will define whether you might see some unpleasant checkered walls in a cold prison cell after you two get in trouble. Foreign countries always have strict rules and tourists are usually supervised twice as fiercely. Don’t kiss in the streets or expressively articulate when you talk to people with alien customs.
5. Don’t be afraid to go on excursions. Even when you have the most romantic trip, there will be some things that’ll remind you if the routine you are so desperately trying to get rid of. Usually you see each other twice a day and somehow manage to fight, but since you are together all day long during a trip, try to make those angles less sharp and let each other have a rest. You my visit some excursions…maybe even separately.
6. Put your phone aside. With her checking Instagram likes after she posts a foreign cuisine-lobster-aesthetic-photo and you scrolling through football news, nothing can be romantic. Travel with a girlfriend with your phones on mute. Save some time for each other.
7. Make sure you can afford it. Buying tickets is only half a triumph. Your goal is to provide a comfortable place to sleep, good meals and some presents. So, if Europe is a little bit pricey for you, try some exotic Asian countries, India or middle-class resorts. Even simple places might be a source of amazing positive emotions!