Though small in size, the island of Bali attracts thousands of vacationers from all around the world.
Bali has something for everyone: breathtaking natural wonders, exciting adventure sports, amazing art, music and culture, delicious food, and some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Now, with great values on air travel and some idyllic Bali villas available, it is a great time to visit.
Five reasons to travel to Bali
1. First of all, Bali is an exciting tropical paradise with plenty of outdoor activities and adventurous things to do. In addition to great surfing at any of the many beaches, deep-sea fishing, kayaking, water rafting and paragliding are available. The crystal clear waters of Bali offer up incredible scuba diving opportunities, with a multitude of colorful fish living among the coral reefs.
2. The savory flavors and textures of Indonesian food from around the archipelago makes its way to the tables and food stands of Bali. Visitors are never spoiled for choice when it comes to satisfying the palate.
3. Balinese culture is strong and vibrant, with the country’s Hindu religion playing a vital role in all aspects of life. This is reflected in the art, music and handmade crafts of the Balinese people. Balinese sculpture, painting and printed fabrics are especially in demand and worth purchasing.
4. Bali is world famous for its spas, which offer many traditional treatments using native herbs and healing oils prepared using methods and recipes passed from one generation to another. These treatments are all an integral part of Balinese body massage, meant to relax, revive and rejuvenate the recipient.
5. Finally, the current dip in the value of the US Dollar has caused a major rise in the value of other currencies, allowing you to get much more for you money. Exchanging US $100 makes you quite wealthy in Bali.
There are too many experiences, sights and activities in Bali to see and do in just one visit. However, if you are looking for a few that are too memorable to be missed, these would be three that are must-do:
A cooking class teaches you how to cook the delicious cuisine of Bali. From the time you are picked up at the hotel at 7am, you are immersed in the process of shopping at a traditional Kuta market and preparing ten separate dishes, including dessert.
Blending history, art and natural beauty, the Cliff Temple & Fire Dance Tour takes you on a pleasant trip through Bali’s southern peninsula culminating at the Uluwatu temple. Here, the Ramayana, an epic-based Kecak Dance, is performed with the temple and sunset in the background, followed by a seafood dinner on the beach… a perfect addition to any trip to Bali.
What trip to Bali is complete without a ride on an elephant? The Bali Elephant Riding Tour puts you in the driver’s seat, so to speak, as you sit in a teak-wood chair on top of an elephant. The organized tour includes an air-conditioned hotel transfer, admission to the park, a safari ride accompanied by a trained guide, a buffet lunch and even insurance, all packaged and ready to experience.