Almost always eating habits are hampered while on a business trip or any trip as a matter of fact. It is very difficult to maintain a proper diet or eat proper courses of food, when you have to travel from one city to another, or have a hectic schedule for business meetings in an unfamiliar country. Even while taking a Connecticut limo service for a corporate meeting, eating options are very few and there are chances that one would skip the hassle of looking for a meal. These are really unhealthy practices and are bound to cause a toll in one’s health.
Here are some tips that would help business travellers to eat healthy-
– Plan ahead and pack some travel friendly, non perishable food items that can sustain calories. Eat snacks like dark chocolates, beef jerky, peanut butter packets, nuts etc.
– In case of being in a new city, one should avoid stopping at the first fast food restaurant on sight. Locating healthier food joints with the help of locals is advisable.
– The worst thing one can do to their food habit is leave longer than required gaps between meals. It is essential to eat in every two to three hours, even if it is just a handful of nuts.
– Another great option is to power up the morning coffee with a quality protein that can tame the hunger and keep you energetic.
– Keeping away from booze at those business dinners would be great for your health.
– Drinking more water every day is also an absolute essential.
Here are fifteen smart eating options that will not only be tasty but also healthy for business travellers.
As discussed earlier that planning ahead is essential to stick to a healthy diet. However it is common to be worried about the foods that would be allowed in the carry-ons.
– Energy bars are non perishable and hence definitely allowed.
– Nuts; cashews, walnuts and almonds in particular.
– Dried fruits can also be carried.
– Trail mixes
– Baby carrots are healthy to eat and allowed in the carry-ons
In case, you are not that great at planning ahead there are also other options of healthy food items that are available at the airport kiosks and cafes itself. Here is a list of those items-
– Various mixes of fruit cups are available in many of the airport kiosks.
– Vegetables and fruit juices of different kinds.
– Bananas are definitely available in certain airport kiosks and are great snacks.
– Low fat yogurt of varied flavours.
If you think, these are not great food choices for you, there are some food choices for travellers-
– Sandwiches are great food options. They are filling as well as healthy. However, sandwiches which are made of whole grain bread, minimal oil, lean meats and minimal fatty spreads are amazing for a healthy snack.
– Sparkling water instead of sugary drinks or sodas.
– Salads paired with low-calorie dressings.
– Soups that are non-cream based and filled with lots of veggies are great food options.
– Non fried chicken and fish with steamed veggies and brown rice are also healthy lunch or dinner options.