Stuck in your hotel? For most of us, it may not be the ideal way to spend your holidays, especially if you’re stuck in the same room as your brother! If you find your options limited and the television choices boring, here are a few things to do in your hotel room that you haven’t thought about – and yes you can do most of them with your brother!
1. Pamper yourself – make use of the complimentary toiletries and treat yourself to a bubble bath. Head to the chemist and stock up on beauty supplies and have your own day spa. Take advantage of beauty treatments and day spa facilities at the hotel itself.
2. Write and mail postcards – this is the perfect opportunity to write and mail those postcards you had promised to send – and not sneakily drop them off at your local post box once you return home!
3. Build a fort – it’s childish and silly, but this is a great time to channel our inner 7 year old. Line up cushions, pillows sheets and chairs and guard your room against potential invaders.
4. Consider hotel room cooking – you can get a little creative with making food in your hotel room. Coffee makers and irons seem to make effective cooking implements for those hankering for a midnight feed – lemon chicken “a la cafe” anyone? (Just make sure you very thoroughly scrub out the appliances before and after you use them!)
5. Use the facilities – while not actually in your hotel room, make the most of your hotel amenities. Even most of the most basic and cheap accommodation will have on-site facilities like a swimming pool or a games room for the kids.
What’s the weirdest thing you’ve done in a hotel room?