Rio de Janeiro is called “Cidade Maravilhosa” or “The Marvellous city.” One might wonder how Rio got that nickname but you only have one of two choices: Read information on the internet or travel and experience the marvellous city yourself.
According to travel.usnews.com, the best time to visit Rio de Janeiro is within the month of December, January, February and March for the best weather condition.
Now without further ado, here are the top ten things to do in Rio de Janeiro.
1. Football is big in Rio, they don’t consider it a hobby, they consider it as a part of their life. If you’re a football player, make sure to play with the locals, may it be on grass, concrete or the beach. Make sure to catch a game in the Macaraña Stadium and see what the hype is all about. The stadium is also powered by energy from the sun using solar panels. The people in Rio are devoted to the teams they support, from the day they were born, it’s in their blood to cheer for their beloved team may it be the Flamengo, Vasco da Gama, Fluminense or Botafogo.
2. Now for the most common thing to do or rather place to visit. The Christ Redeemer statue is a manifestation of human art and faith. Millions of people visit the attraction yearly. They climb the Corcovado mountain using their vehicles to reach the top and gaze upon the panoramic view of the city.
3. Just like football, Samba is a big part of the locals’ life. The dancing style and music genre Samba originated from Brazil, most brazilians practice it as a musical expression. There are several Samba dance classes in Rio, one in particular is the session in the Ipanema Studio.
4. Rio de Janeiro is home to amazing beaches and resorts in all of Brazil. Find leisure and relaxation by visiting either the Ipanema beach house, walk on the beach hostel or Copacabana beach. The area might be crowded as the day goes by, so make sure to arrive early and mark your spot.
5. The Nightlife in Rio can be pretty wild with the blasting music, alcohol and people having fun. The best place to party during the night is the Lapa Neighborhood with its vibrant style. Visit famous nightclubs like Rio Scenarium which has the best facilities to rave and private tables for taking a break. The Rio Scenarium is also a hotspot for samba performances. It was ranked the number 1 nightclub on Tripadvisor.com. Previous travelers said that Rio Scenarium is one of the most stylish bars they’ve ever been in and that it’s a great stop for tourists. If you’re looking for blues and jazzy beats, visit Champanheria club instead for a more calm ambiance.
6. Find time to see the view of the majestic Sugarloaf mountain? The mountain is famous worldwide for its cableway that can support almost 65 passengers. The cable car has a glassed-wall so people can enjoy a full scenic, sublime view of the city. It travels a short distance from the Pao de Acucar peak to the Morro da Urca for almost 20 minutes.
7. Make your way to the Lagoa Neighborhood to experience the Rio de Janeiro lifestyle at its best. The neighborhood is famous because its surrounds the lagoon called Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas. One of the oldest bars in Rio is the Bar Lagoa with its art deco interior design.
8. Explore the urban forest in the Tijuca National Park and hike the stiff mountain landforms to reach Rio’s highest peak, the Pico da Tijuca. The park is a green paradise field with giant trees that envelops most of the park.
9. Seek satisfaction at the famous Alessandro e Frederico restaurant. The restaurant was ranked number 1 on Tripadvisor.com, most of the reviews gave a perfect 5 star rating complementing the delicious pizzas and flavorful wines. World renowned italian chefs Fabrizio Giuliodori and Gennaro Cannone prepare all meals with fresh ingredients and perfection.
10. Appreciate a wide collection of arts by visiting famous galleries and museums scattered all over the city. They have the Museu de Arte do Rio that displays historical photos about human life captured by famous photographers. Rio is also home to one of the cultural centers of the cultural organization Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil. The center hosts some of the best theater performances, films, musical presentations and visual arts preserving the rich culture and heritage of Brazil.
This list presents 10 things to do in the city, Rio offers so much more for different aspects and interest. Travelers who have visited Rio before are saying that their experience was unforgettable and that they can’t wait to visit the city once more.
Hope you guys had a great time reading this review for Rio de Janeiro.
If you’re having a hard time budgeting your money for your trip. Consider booking with Flighthub.com for flight deals and hotel reservations. Flighthub offers great deals for flight deals to Rio de Janeiro. Remember, it’s a lot better to have more money during your trip not before you buy your plane ticket.