For many people, 2012 is a year for travel. Whether you are trying to find discounts for student flights, scouting for the perfect wedding destination or looking for a great family friendly spot, there is no shortage of amazing travel hot spots available.
1. The United States is not void of amazing travel destinations. New York is one of the top tourist spots in the country. The Hudson River Valley is a remarkable piece of rural America that almost seems misplaced. This is a taste of the country that most will never get the chance to experience. Of course there is always the Big Apple for the city slickers in the group.
2. Washington State’s Hoh Rainforest is one of the most exquisite beauties in the world. The mossy trees mask a treasure trove of trees, flowers and other wildlife. Located just outside Forks, this destination is great for photographers, families, hikers and campers alike.
3. Egypt’s lack of tourism in recent years should not deter people from visiting some of the most historical locations in our world. The Pyramids of Giza leave tourists star struck annually for just a small fee. It is best to visit Egypt after the hottest summer months pass, however.
4. The summer and fall months are ideal for a visit to Poland and its warm beaches. This tranquil land is home to some of the most historical sites from World War II and the Holocaust. History buffs and those with cultural links to Auschwitz will be able to connect with the heritage. In addition, Poland is home to tragic ruins, serene cathedrals and grand theaters.
5. If one country is known for its fantastic beaches reminiscent of paradise, it is Thailand. Thailand’s Koh Lipe is one of the top hot spots for travelers who want to avoid the crowds. Despite the fact that Koh Phi Phi is an amazing beach, it is typically crowded. Exploring the islands, shopping at the markets and visiting the unique festivals are all parts of Thailand’s interesting history.
6. Another must-see destination for the beach lovers of the world is Puerto Rico. It is a popular destination for Americans, considering it is not far at all from the coast. Playa Flamenco, located on Culebra, is one of the best beaches in the area, known for its beautiful and relaxing atmosphere.
7. Greece is quite inexpensive to visit this year, making it a great destination. Athens has a culture all its own with unique food, beaches and hiking options. Visitors can attend wine and music festivals one day and visit ancient ruins and artifacts the next.
8. The Bay of Fundy, located in Nova Scotia, is an ideal destination for those always seeking an adventure. It is great for kayaking, whale watching and even simply strolling through historical gardens.
9. Croatia is another top spot for history buffs or those with romance in mind. One of the most romantic spots in the country is Istria, famous for its white wines and scenic bike trails. Amazing views of the country are available to all who seek them.
10. San Diego is another great American destination known for its spectacular beaches that make surfing, swimming and tanning convenient. The city is also known for its theme parks and family friendly fun.