Any city with beautiful canals and waterways flowing throughout and 70 kilometers of beaches to its name is bound to attract visitors. The Gold Coast of Australia is no exception. Every year, more than 12 million visitors travel through this area of Australia and many on lengthy road trips. Add in the 3 million people that call this home and it’s easy to see that the roads are surely busy at any time of year. In order to avoid a road trip disaster, make sure you follow these simple checks before setting off on your journey. We recommend conducting these checks at least a week in advance so that there is ample time to resolve any potential car problems.
If you are any one of the 15 million people traveling the roads throughout the year, you should be aware of a few simple things you can do so you don’t end up stranded:
1. Check your oil- You must make sure you have the proper level of oil in your engine in order for it to run properly. If you check the oil regularly, you will save the cost of large repairs later on.
2. Check your tires- It is important that your tires have the correct amount of air pressure, so your car maneuvers properly. Check your manual for the proper tire pressure and routinely check your tires to make sure they have the proper pressure.
3. Check your belts- Look at your belts for any visual sign of wear and tear. If any of them are fraying, you need to have them changed as soon as possible. If one of them breaks, you probably will be stranded until you get it repaired.
4. Check your windshield wipers- Make sure your windshield wipers are securely fastened to your blade assembly. Also make sure they aren’t torn or frayed, otherwise your visibility will be impaired when it rains.
5. Check your headlights- Do a quick check of your headlights to see that they are working as well as your directional and brake lights. Accidents can be prevented as long as your lights are working properly.
6. Gas gauge- Of course it sounds simple but many people leave on a long journey without thinking about whether they have sufficient petrol/gas in the tank. Hopefully they will realize the car needs petrol/gas before it is too late and they run out.
7. Load up the safety kit – You should always have a kit with you that contains certain things you may need if you get into some kind of mechanical trouble. You should have a pair of jumper cables in the event your battery dies. You should also have a set of flares and red triangles to warn other vehicles if you are stranded on the side of the road. Also keep a blanket in the car in case you break down and it is cold out.
If you’re concerned about the condition of your vehicle and its ability to sustain a lengthy road trip, you may want to get it serviced before heading off on your journey. Schedule a mobile mechanic on the Gold Coast to come to your location and perform any necessary car repairs. They can also provide regular maintenance as needed. The best part is they can come to wherever you are, at your convenience.
The Gold Coast is a wonderful area to live and visit. If the unfortunate happens and you have a mechanical problem with your vehicle, reach out to the mobile mechanics on the Gold Coast and let them resolve your car troubles. But, if you follow the tips above and schedule regular maintenance, you may save yourself unwanted delays in your trip if problems occur, leaving you plenty of time to relax in the sand, surf in the water, or play at many of the theme parks available. It will be an unforgettable trip for the whole family.