One of the most exciting trips one looks forward to in life is the honeymoon. This trip of a lifetime marks the beginning of a new life as well. That is why it is essential to make this trip unforgettable and romantic as well.
The aspect of heading to a new place together which neither of you has seen, seems exciting as well as romantic. Although you may go to an exotic location, getting the maximum benefit from the trip is important. Here are a few ways you can have a great honeymoon.
Also Read – These are Latin America’s most exotic beaches
Tips For A Romantic And Memorable Honeymoon
1. Choose the destination based on mutual interests – You might wish to head to the best honeymoon destination outside India as soon as you get the chance. However, when making your bookings, ask your partner their likes and dislikes. If they like water sports, try to opt for a place that is close to a beach rather than going to the mountains. For instance, Maldives is famous for its marine life and water sports.
2. Line-up eclectic activities – Couples with varied interests find it hard to cope when all the activities are favoured by one person only. In the interest of keeping the vacation fun for both, it is wise to line up activities that are a mix of likes of both. For example, if one person likes adventure sports, you can plan one activity that is outdoors and one which is indoors. This way, there is something to look forward to every day for both people.
Also Read – A check list of things you should do before leaving to study abroad
3. Look into sunrise and sunset activities – Any destination you visit is sure to have a good view. Take advantage of that and go for sunrise or sunsets at various points. If you are opting for sunrise, you can also stay up the whole night stargazing.
4. Indulge in local festivities – Every place you visit is sure to have a history and culture of its own. There are tours and walks that are organized by locals to show you around. These local festivities will give you an idea of the place you are visiting and can be a fun activity that you both can do together. It can be a great bonding experience.
5. Explore the local culture – Local culture is a vast term and encompasses anything that binds the physical place to the history of that place. It can be anything from the place of worship to clothes, arts, food, rituals, traditions, and so on. The intangible cultural aspects cannot be replicated in any other part of the world and are unique to each place.
6. Get insurance before you start – It would be disheartening for the trip to become memorable due to unfortunate circumstances. That is why it is essential to invest in travel insurance before starting your trip. Post pandemic, many countries have made travel insurance compulsory, and travel insurance benefits outweigh the costs. Travel insurance protects you against theft or loss of baggage, passport, medical emergency, rescheduling of flights, missing flights, and so on.
Also Read – How to save money on a staycation
7. Include luxury in your trip – Small pockets of luxury and spoiling yourself can make a lot of difference. After a stressful few weeks of the wedding, unwinding peacefully is required to get on with life. Find time to get spa treatments, couples’ massages, or spend some time in a jacuzzi. These few things will be experiences you may miss out on while chasing activities and while indulging in other adventure sports.
8. Capture moments – As silly as it may seem, it is important to capture moments you want to remember. Don’t forget to click a photo of the sunset, the divine looking dish, the beautiful mountains, or a picture of you together. Make use of technology and get yourself clicked whenever and wherever possible. If you visit a zoo or a park, capture nature at its finest and you at your happiest.
9. Make all meals memorable – Most people look for comfort food while travelling and might miss out on the local food the place has to offer. Frequent places that locals visit and enjoy food in its most authentic form. You can make every meal memorable when you are travelling by getting out of your comfort zone and opening yourself up to new experiences. Try the specialities of the region and enjoy the hospitality of the locals.
Also Read – Where to spend time on the Mediterranean Coast of Spain?
10. Interact with nature – Very few times do we get the opportunity to see and admire nature in its raw form and appreciate the beauty. Try to include nature trails, hikes, local visits, rafting, boating, exploring, and other such avenues that depend on the natural resources of a place. Since geographical features are unique to each place, it is possible that you may not get to experience the same thing in a different place. For example, the Yosemite waterfall looks like flowing lava when the sun hits the waterfall at an angle. This phenomenon is seen during the month of February and is a must-do when you visit the place.
Location is not the primary concern no matter where you choose to go. Planning a honeymoon that you will not forget requires attention to detail and consideration for your partner as well.